“I wish I was rich so I could donate to your new building.” People have said this to me more times than I can count over the years. What many may not realize is that you don’t need to be rich to support North Dakota’s Gateway to Science, donating to the capital campaign for the new building isn’t the only way to support the science center, and you don’t need to donate a large sum of money to help us deliver quality hands-on STEM programs.
How can you help? Here are a few easy ways you can support NDGTS.
- Become a member. A membership allows you to visit the gallery for 12 months, provides discounts on program registrations and birthday parties, and offers free or reduced admission to other science centers and children’s museums. It’s a great deal. It is also an important part of funding our programs. If you already have a membership, remember to renew each year, and consider upgrading it.
- Sign your children up for NDGTS programs. Mini-camps on days there is no school, afterschool clubs, summer camps, Saturday workshops; pick one or try them all. Tell your friends about our programs and encourage them to register their children, too.
- Have your child’s birthday party at NDGTS. Yes, having a birthday party at the science center is a way to support the science center. And it’s fun!
- Attend NDGTS public events and bring someone with you. Whether it’s Free Family Day or the STEM Expo at the Bismarck Larks ball park, these community events give you and other families the opportunity to experience hands-on STEM activities and learn about what NDGTS has to offer year-round.
- If you are able to make a donation, please do so. Donations of any size support our mission and our programs.
The bottom line is that North Dakota’s Gateway to Science is here for you, and your support – in any form – will ensure that this valuable resource continues to provide quality hands-on STEM programs for many years to come.
Beth Demke, Executive Director