Let North Dakota’s Gateway to Science on the Go bring educational experiences to your school or community! We offer engaging, hands-on learning experiences for K-12 students that cultivate interest and 21st Century skills. STEMzone events allow for students to engage in hands-on, high-energy learning experiences in science, technology, engineering, and math.
STEMzone is a rentable carnival-style event designed to engage everyone! An NDGTS staff member delivers hands-on activities to your organization. You supply tables and volunteers to assist with the activities! The Jamestown Sun article Lincoln Elementary has STEM day provides a good overview of how a STEMzone program looks and how it can benefit students.
Please review the information about the STEMzone base package, available add-ons, and requirements for holding an event, then complete the STEMzone Request Form below.
Questions? Please contact Arin Casavant, Programs Director, at email@example.com or 701-258-1975.
STEMZone Base Package
|10 STEM stations||Included|
|2 Hour Event Time||Included|
|1 NDGTS Staff Member||Included|
Event Expectations and Requirements
- The best location for a STEMzone is in a large open room like a gym where guests can move between stations at their own pace.
- Only one STEMzone staff member will arrive at your event.
- 3-4 volunteers are needed to help unload and set up activities, as the staff member will not be able to set up alone.
- Tables must be set up before STEMzone arrives.
- At least 15 adult volunteers are needed for the duration of the event (some stations require 2 volunteers). If there are fewer than 15 volunteers, activities will be cut.
- Adult volunteers are expected at their stations 15 minutes before the event starts to become familiar with the activity and ask questions of STEMzone staff.
- When the event ends, volunteers staffing the STEMzone stations will pack up their stations and help load the van.
- There is a $50 service charge for programs that are cancelled less than 48 hours in advance.
- Complete and submit the STEMzone Request Form (below). You will be emailed a contract from NDGTS.
- In order to confirm your event, the STEMzone $400 payment and signed contract are required.
- The remaining balance, if any, will be invoiced prior to the event.
- Final payment must be received in full one week prior to your event. Interest will be charged to invoices for late payments.
Please contact Arin Casavant, Programs Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 701-258-1975.
North Dakota’s Gateway to Science follows CDC and NDDoH guidelines in establishing health and safety policies for our guests and staff. Thank you for your continued support.