When I buy a membership, how soon can I begin using it?
Your benefits will begin immediately after purchase. If you purchased your membership online or through the mail you should receive your membership card within 5-7 business days of purchase.
How long is my membership active?
Your membership is valid for one year from the month of purchase (end of the month). For example, if you join July 15, 2014, your membership expires July 31, 2015.
What is the difference between membership levels?
- Sustaining Membership $175.00 & up: Free unlimited admission of family and guests and includes an $80.00 donation to help sustain Gateway to Science
- Family Plus Membership $95.00: Free unlimited admission for a family and a guest family
- Family Membership $75.00: Free unlimited admission for members of the same household
- Grandparents Membership $75.00: Free unlimited admission for grandparents and their grandchildren
- Individual Membership $45.00: Free unlimited admission for one person
- Senior (62+) Membership $25.00: Free unlimited admission for one person age 62 and up
- Student Membership $25.00: Free unlimited admission for one student (through college)
Does my membership cover my child care provider?
Your child care provider is covered under a Family Plus or Sustaining Membership. Your child care provider must present a photo ID and membership card at the science center entrance. If you have any other level of membership, your child care provider must also be a member or pay admission to the gallery.
My adult relatives live with me at my house. Are they covered by my membership?
Relatives such as siblings, parents, or adult children who live with you are covered under a Family Plus or Sustaining Membership. A Family Membership covers parents and their minor children.
How do I know when my membership expires?
The expiration date of your membership is printed on your card. You will receive a renewal notices by mail or e-mail approximately 3 times prior to your membership expiration date.
Can member children visit when an adult member is not present?
Children 8 years of age and over should present their parents’ membership card at the entrance. All children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by an adult.
Is my membership good at other museums?
All Gateway to Science members receive reciprocal privileges through the Association of Science Technology Centers (ASTC) http://www.astc.org. Contact other organizations before visiting to verify admission policies and hours of operation.
Can I lend my membership card to a friend?
No. Memberships are non-transferrable and are intended for use by individual households only.
Why do I have to show a photo ID when I use my membership?
We request a photo ID to help protect members whose cards might be lost or stolen.
May I use my membership toward a group visit or school field trip?
Gateway to Science members visiting as part of an organized group visit may use their membership to gain free admission. However, members admitted free do not count toward the minimum of 10 visitors required for a group to receive reduced admission prices. Exception: We DO NOT honor memberships for admission with a school field trip because we do admit all chaperones free of charge.